The God Delusion, By Richard Dawkins (2005)
If there's any book that can be described as an atheist Bible, it's this one. Known throughout the world; banned in several countries, restricted in many others. It is, most simply, one of the most complete and damning refutions of religion I have ever read, a piece of beauty that will alter your view of the universe no matter whether you believe in a god or don't; even if it doesn't convince you that there's no god, you'll certainly think differently after reading it.
There have been many books against religion, but reknowned evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins is the perfect author for such a work, with his clear, anecdotal style and determination to make his points clear whatever the intensity or controversy. Dawkins makes no conccessions for religion, but neither is he scathing if it makes his arguments less valid.
If the sight of the words "God" and "Delusion" in the same title sends you running to your nearest priest in obvious disgust of this blasphemy, give the book a chance. Read it, without bias or agenda. Try your best to understand the points within, and then I can only hope that you will be more understanding of the logic and methodical superiority of the atheist viewpoint.
I met the book as an atheist. I left it a stronger one.
Thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.