Tuesday, 7 December 2010

1st Anniversary and 200th Post!

The immortal Audenshaw Reviews Logo.
Well, I made it here. The one year mark. One year since I made my first review, of the Gorton centenary celebrations, and posted it to Facebook. 200 posts on this blog, since February 4*.
     I must thank my parents for taking me to the Gorton 100 celebrations, an event so badly handled that it inspired me to write a satirical, scathing review and post it on the most vocal forum ever. That review led to my critical review of the School Play, which then led to my next reviews in the new year, Royal Marine Band and Halle for Youth. Constant heckling by my peers led to me to, using my little-used Blogspot account, create a website. That website is called Audenshaw Reviews.
    I didn't review much until 17th May, which is when I reviewed Calvin Harris' Ready for the Weekend, which erupted a daily stream of reviews. Once I'd worked through my music collection, my focus widened to books and, very importantly, television (I recently had my 100th Television Review.)
     This continued until a certain smeggin' idea of mine, to review every episode of Red Dwarf. This leaked over into the Summer Holidays; a holiday that changed my stlye of reviewing due to a change in my style of computing. Instead of having my laptop on the move, it was immobilised in my room. I began to review out of boredom; Classic Doctor Who and Survivors especially so. When I returned to School in September, I had no timetable, and very little to review.
     The extra pressures of GCSE work meant that the only reviews became constricted to Merlin and Blackadder. Soon Blackadder ran out, and I was stuck. It was at this point I invented Super Sundays, which has seen me venture into film, and I'm now able to review the weekly episodes of Misfits. Also on offer is the Gene Hunt Time Travel Bonanza, which by my reckoning should be completed in August 2011. In the New Year, I'll also resume the aborted reviews of Lost's Fourth Season, as well as getting round to reviewing the heaps and heaps of Classic Doctor Who.
    I want to thank the following people: The organisers of Gorton 100, for putting on such a bad event; Calvin Harris, for making such a bad album; the makers of everything I've ever reviewed here; my sister, for encouraging me to carry on; and finally I thank all of the readers of this blog (however many there may be).
    To finish, I want to know what you want on the blog in the New Year, and I'll be able to consider them. Comment on this article, and give me your ideas!

For the 201st time**, Thanks.

*I began the blog on 4/2/10, but I'm really honouring the first review rather than the creation of the site.
** This might explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.