 |
| Cassandra. Predestination fun amidst horrific caricatures. |
I... I don't like Series VIII. It disagrees with me in so many variously horrible ways that it's often hard for me to contemplate without collapsing into floods of metaphorical tears. Notably, the 1999 series took a series that I loved and destroyed it before my eyes. Albeit I was watching the series for the first time in 2009, but it still felt so heart-breaking when instead of great comedy, Series VIII just both literally and metaphorically took a shit on Red Dwarf's memory. I've watched some bad things in my time - seen some
awful movies, managed to enjoy some of the worst Doctor Who and found joy in such blind banality as
Survivors and
Outcasts. Nothing comes close to the pain I felt when I reviewed Pete, all those years ago. Unfortunately we have to keep this positive, and so I will make a nod towards
Cassandra, and episode that manages to be funnier than both the Naylor series combined. A stark combination of Future Echoes' predestination and Legion's sense of entrapment, Cassandra is great fun and is the only redeeming thing about this whole damn excercise.
Thanks.
Written 9/6/12
NEXT TIME: Business as usual. Oh, and Red Dwarf X starts on Thursday, Just mentioning.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.