| JLC is the new companion. |
Jenna-Louise Coleman, 26, is a Blackpudlian actress best known for her work in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road. It's great to see actors from the North of England getting involved in Doctor Who; the last time a major actor hailed from there was in Season 27 with Christopher Ecclestone and Bruno Langley. While I've not really payed attention to any of her other work, Moffat usually picks decent actors regardless of how he treats their characters.
I was greatly divided when I first saw the announcement. I was disappointed at first, because Doctor Who needs some change and there hasn't been a movement away from the "Present-Day Earthborn girl" in the entire history of Nu Who. On the other hand, Jenna-Louise (whom I shall refer to as JLC from now on, because I think it sounds cool) is absolutely charming and strikes me as an excellent addition to the show.
There will be five episodes of Amy and Rory in Autumn/Winter 2012. The fifth of those episodes will feature their departure and the return of the Weeping Angels, followed by a Christmas Special and a new series with the new companion. I wish Ms. Coleman all the best, and I can only hope that Audenshaw Reviews will still be there when she premieres.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.