Saturday, 22 January 2011

Red Dwarf lands on Dave in 2012

Red Dwarf was a brilliant Sci Fi comedy that ran on BBC Two from 1988-1993 and then 1998-9. The series was then ressurrected for a three-part special in 2009 by Dave. Long term readers will know how much I love this show, seeing as I've reviewed every episode.
     Before now any news of any more Dwarf has been confined to rumour and speculation. A few days ago, main actor Craig Charles revealed to Real Radio that, "…they’ve commissioned another series of Red Dwarf, We’re gonna film at the end of November December and January." This is the first solid evidence we have that there will be new Dwarf, and adding to that, "The plan at the moment, and this could change,  is that we record the new series in front of an audience" for the first time since 1998.
     I'll certainly be watching in.... a year's time, and hopefully Audenshaw Reviews will still be around to review it.

Thanks.

PS: I'd like to thank Obsessed with Film for breaking this news and indirectly bringing it to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.