Day and Night - The Killers
I had never remotely heard of The Killers before their hit with "Human." That's a song that deteriorates with age, and when I listened to the whole album, a certain amount of annoying smugness becomes apparent. The absurdity also present in this music isn't used well; comparable to Conrad Poohs and His Dancing Teeth.
The first three songs are the best on the album; light, absurdist rock with a jokingly deep message that works well with well-written music and excellent lyrics. And then it falls strongly down hill. The rest of the songs are forgettable, deeply repetitive and annoying or simply bad.
If you thought "Human" and "Spaceman" were good, then I wouldn't reccomend this album to you, on the basis that the early wit is soon changed over for droning, obfuscating tripe.
Thanks.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.