
With this series of Doctor Who stuck on the back burner for three months, the BBC aren't letting up on the Whoniverse. Come 8th July we get a brand new series of Torchwood, the confused Who spinoff, this time made hand-in-hand with US Company Starz. This means that we'll have a few American cast members, but most of all I'm wondering about how the completely different American attitude to drama will affect Torchwood, whose plots have often been convaluted or silly. Even last year's excellent, week-long powerhouse
Children of Earth had some key flaws, and I'm not sure if Starz is going to fix any of that.
But I wouldn't be a decent critic (cough) if I was biased beforehand, so expect regular reviews of Torchwood: Miracle Day from 8/7/11 onwards.
Thanks.
EDIT: Turns out the UK transmission date is the 14th, six days after the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.